Odon Winkelpleck Public Library
PERSONNEL POLICIES STATEMENT
(Revised 5/9/2013, Reviewed 6/12/2014)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Odon Winkelpleck Public Library seeks to expand the horizons of the North Daviess Community by providing literary, cultural, and informational resources to all.
As a tax-supported organization all activities of the Odon Winkelpleck Public Library are motivated by the idea of public service; therefore, the first duty of the staff is impartial, courteous, and friendly service.
- Selection of Personnel.
The selection and direction of the library director shall be by the library board of trustees. The director shall select and direct all other staff. Applications are required. The Library is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, color, age, creed, or religious affiliation.
All positions at the library are part-time. Payment is made for hours worked. The salaries of the librarian and assistants are established by the Board of Trustees.
- Salary payment
- Schedule: Salaries will be paid monthly
- Salary adjustments will be made when approved by the Board of Trustees
- Deductions: Federal, state and local income taxes withheld from salaries. Each employee will receive a form W-2 during January following the calendar year in which the income was earned.
- Social Security and Medicare deduction will be withheld at the rate established by law.
- Employee Benefits/ExpensesThe library offers no insurance or retirement benefits.
Employees or trustees will be reimbursed for authorized expenses incurred in the performance of their work.
- Registration and required materials fees incurred from approved seminars, workshops, and library meetings will be reimbursed upon presentation of receipt.
- Mileage reimbursement shall be at the same rate as approved for state employees.
- Holidays and Other Closings
- The library will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
Thanksgiving Day (Thursday and Friday)
Christmas Day and day after Christmas
New Year’s Eve
- The library is closed for the evening of the Odon Old Settlers Parade and may be closed for other holidays or events in the community by decision of the Librarian and/or Board of Trustees.
- The library may be closed for reasons of inclement weather or weather conditions at the discretion of the Librarian, or in the event the Librarian is unavailable, at the discretion of the Board president or vice president.
- Substance Abuse
The library’s policy is to employ a work force free from the use and effects of illegal drugs and alcohol during working hours. Any employee found to be in violation of this policy is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Telephones are for library business. Personal calls need to be limited and when made kept brief. Long distance calls need to be charged to the employee’s home phone number.
- Policy Revision
The statement of policy may be amended at any regular meeting of the Board of Trustees with a quorum present, or majority vote of the entire board.